Monday 4 July 2011

Broody Chicken

You will be pleased to hear that I am no longer broody because I laid an egg today.  However, for most of last week I went through a broody phase and gave Dad lots of grief.  I have shown him and Mum that I am capable of puffing myself up to twice my size in the nest box, can growl, and like running from one end of the garden to the other.  This is apparently what chickens do when they get broody.  I wouldn't really know, it's my first time, but I found it quite fun, especially the growling.

Egg x

3 comments:

  1. Good Egg! Are you still making funny gurgling noises when you eat worms from the hand with the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm just guzzling them down as quickly as I can. No more noises - I leave those up to Spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, we liked the cute little noises you made Egg. Bring them back...

    ReplyDelete